If you are seeking a luxurious getaway that includes palm-fringed beaches, coconut groves, and dense, mountainous rainforest, Koh Samui Luxury Hotels are surely your place. Koh Samui Luxury Hotels are amongst the most elegant and luxurious world resorts and posh tourist spots.
Let us take you through the six best resorts that we rounded up for you to pick from! In contrast to hotels that provide you with regular accommodation, you can have the experience of a lifetime at these resorts. There is fun, entertainment, and a lot of scrumptious food to look forward to!
|Ritz Carlton Koh Samui||A “getaway” trip to relax and unwind||North-East||Exclusive with a private bay, built on coconut plantations||Thai street food, barbecue by the beach, and cuisine made from local Thai ingredients.|
|Four Seasons Koh Samui||To get a romantic weekend with your partner||North-West||Palm forested slope, view Koh Phangan||Local seafood seasoned with herbs, and Thai and International Cuisines|
|Conrad Koh Samui||To sunbathe and swim in luxury||South-West||In Taling Ngam on the southwestern side of the island||Tom Kha Salad, Beef main courses|
|Anantara Koh Samui||To get the best of both worlds – beaches as well as nightlife||North-East||Bophut Beach overlooking the serene warm waters of the Gulf of Thailand||Grain-fed, dry-aged beef, wine options|
|Hyatt Regency Koh Samui||To get a family vacation with your kids||North-East||The semi-private rocky bay between Chaweng and Choeng Mon||Seafood, extravagant multi-courses|
|W Retreat Koh Samui||For youngsters who are looking for an aesthetic place||North||Overlooks the sea in Mae Nam, across a white stretch of sand||Japanese food, cold beers|
Ritz Carlton Koh Samui – Treat yourself to a soothing luxury retreat
On the northeastern tip of the island, The Ritz-Carlton Koh Samui sits on terrain that was once a coconut plantation. Wonderfully exclusive, the resort is tucked into a private bay with two white sand beaches overlooking the Gulf of Thailand. This is the hotel if you’re seeking a ‘getaway-from-it-all’ escape.
Why Visit Ritz Carlton?
- The Spa Village is a serene oasis with its open-air massage pavilions, yoga studio, Muay Thai boxing ring, lap pool edged by cabanas, and a health bar. The spa practices traditional healing practices so you can chill out wholly stress-free. You will return home feeling relaxed and recharged.
- Immerse yourself in the party vibes of Chaweng come nightfall, or enjoy another day in paradise with a free shuttle bus that takes you to and from this vibrant beach.
The Exclusive Pool Villas are complete with an oversized terrace with sun loungers, a dining area, and, of course, a private pool. Inside, the elegant color scheme creates a light and airy atmosphere and allows the stunning views to steal the show – we recommend the villas with unobstructed ocean views.
Food And Drink
Seek out the sights and scents of Baan Talat, which recreates an authentic street food setting inside the resort. Start your meal with some spicy Som Tum before tucking into a hearty Massaman Curry – a street food favorite for many visitors to Thailand. Make sure you try their Pad Thai and end the dinner with some refreshing, flavored shaved ice. On top of that, Live performances by dancers and musicians are always happening, creating a vibrant street market vibe.
What Else to Do?
- Immerse yourself in the party vibes of Chaweng come nightfall, or enjoy another day in paradise in the daylight with a free shuttle bus that takes you to and from this vibrant town.
- Chaweng town – Located 15 minutes away by car, this tourist hotspot features cabaret shows, a variety of places to eat and drink authentic Thai food, and a range of nightclubs to dance the night away in.
- Fisherman’s Village – This laidback area is the ideal spot for casual shopping with a weekly night market set up from 5 pm every Friday. Take a look at our detailed guide on night markets in Thailand for more information.
Four Seasons Koh Samui – The Ideal Romantic Getaway Location
Four Seasons is situated on a palm-forested slope on the northwestern tip of Koh Samui. Four Seasons is an ideal getaway for a couple looking to spend a romantic weekend or a honeymoon at a small, beautiful, and mostly private beach. Couples love the quiet and seclusion of this hotel. The exceptional location close to the Ang Thong National Marine Park invites you to immerse in the breathtaking views from the open-air check-in area across to Koh Phangan.
Why Visit Four Seasons?
- You can get a spa nestled in a coconut grove where you can get spa treatments of different styles and traditions.
- Attend yoga sessions at sunrise and sunset to experience the ultimate zen.
Rising on stilts out of the palm forest, with great views from infinity plunge pools and broad wooden decks, Four Seasons is heaven tucked away near the Gulf of Thailand. Inside, you will find a comfortable king-sized bed and a generous bathroom with a rain shower. The dim, golden lights add to the ambiance of the place let you have a perfect date night with your partner.
Food And Drink
Koh Thai Kitchen at Four Seasons serves the most exquisite Thai cuisines, including Som Tam, Green Curry with chicken, and Tom Kati Talay. The adjacent dining pavilion, PlaPla, offers select seafood specialties like Lobster Hummus, Som Tom (a prawn salad), prawn rice rolls, and much more!
What Else to Do?
- Na Muang Waterfall – With picturesque jungle surroundings and an impressive gushing from a height of 80m, Na Muang Waterfall is an overlooked attraction at Koh Samui.
Conrad Koh Samui – Outdoor Pools Offering A Sun-Soaked Experience!
Overlooking the panoramic views of the Gulf Of Thailand, the Conrad Koh Samui is a pool-side resort located on the southern end of the Thai island. The exclusively private pool villas ensure that all guests get to enjoy their stay to the fullest. Overall, it consists of about 8 villas that have rooms ranging from one bed to up to three beds.
Located in Taling Ngam. Conrad clings to a steep, forested slope on Koh Samui’s southwest coast. All properties are facing west which means that you get to see beautiful sunsets.
Why Visit Conrad?
- Indulge in the fantastic spa program featuring Indian Ayurvedic treatments and treatments from different therapists.
- You can join Qi Gong classes and daily Thai Cooking Classes.
There are one, two, and three bedrooms, and are spacious enough to accommodate both couples and families. Infinity pools and expansive patios enhance the overall look and views from the villas. With classic Thai decor and bathrooms that overlook the ocean, Conrad leaves nothing to chance when it comes to local style and generosity.
Food And Drink
Azure serves Mediterranean cuisine with a large selection of Thai dishes, especially for people who look for vegetarian and vegan options. Khong Wang Ruam is a must-have. Botannika is another cafe in the resort that is popular among the guests.
There are mainly three modern-style restaurants serving Thai cuisine along with 2 bars and lounges. The restaurants also offer the option of destination dining.
What Else to Do?
Conrad Koh Samui is within a 15-minute drive from Samui Butterfly Garden and Samui Tiger Zoo. Other nearby attractions include Na Muang Waterfall (8.8 km away) and Hin Ta and Hin Yai rocks (12.7 km away), which offer recreational activities like
- Sunset yacht rides
- Exploring the coral reef and swimming along the tropical fish
Anantara Koh Samui – Savor the Adventure and Seclusion
Anantara Bophut is the perfect getaway for travelers who want to stay close to the beach and enjoy the Thai hospitality. Famous for its activities like water sports on the warm waters of the Gulf of Thailand, it is surely a dream destination for aqua lovers including kayaking, windsurfing, paddle boarding, etc. And for guests who are looking for more of a laid-back experience, there is a beachfront pool to relax under the sun. It’s perfect for couples families, friends, and solo travelers.
Why Visit Anantara?
- Enjoy the spa’s coconut signature treatments that include a coconut oil massage, a foot massage, and a guided walk on coconut husks.
- Join Spice Spoons cooking school sessions that include a trip to the local market to prepare classic Thai dishes.
Rooms at the resort are airy and bright, with natural light filtering in through balcony or terrace doors. The rooms are well-maintained and the suites have a classic Thai interior, with dark wood furnishings and garden and ocean views.
Food And Drink
To have a generous breakfast on the patio, head to High Tide Restaurant, which offers a wide selection of international cuisines. Full Moon Samui is Anantara’s flagship restaurant, specializing in grilled food.
What Else to Do?
One of the best things about Anantara Bophut is that it is at close distance to some of the visit-worthy, adventurous places in Koh Samui including:
- Wat Plai Laem – It is a modern, very colorful Buddhist temple that holds cultural significance at Koh Samui.
- Chaweng Noi Beach
- Big Buddha – A giant bronze statue of Buddha which is one of the most revered landmarks on the island.
Hyatt Regency Koh Samui – Carefree family vacation at its best
Situated in a semi-private rocky bay between the Choeng Mon and the Chaweng, Hyatt Regency is an ideal villa if you want to enjoy your vacation with your family. Being a kid-friendly hotel, this is a good spot to spend quality time with your loved ones. Your kids can run free in this tropical resort, enjoy the pools and playgrounds and you can feel certain that they are safe and welcome.
Why Visit Hyatt Regency?
- Explore the unique pebbled shore and bathe in the pools that cascade down towards the ocean beyond.
- Including pool and other fun activities, the hotel is family-friendly and gives you a wonderful experience with your loved ones.
You will find many restaurants and bars a short distance away from your villa. Moreover, the airport is only 10 minutes away, which can be a major convenience when arriving the first night with tired kids.
With a soothing turquoise marine theme and spacious rooms, Hyatt Regency presents a relaxing getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life. The rooms have balconies and offer breathtaking views of the sea.
Beachfront villas come with outdoor showers, a kids’ pool, sundecks, and floor-to-ceiling windows that brighten the room.
Food And Drink
The resort´s own Yangna Cuisine serves a selection of predominantly Thai dishes, to give guests the real taste of Thailand. If you want to dine out somewhere more funky and colorful, Sesunis your go-to place. Centered around Mediterranean cuisines, Sesun adds the flavors of Tuscany to the dishes. The resort bar Kube invites you with a list of refreshing cocktails that are hard to say no to. Besides, the restaurants offer many kid-friendly meals.
What Else to Do?
● Wat Plai Laem (2.2 km away)
● Big Buddha (2.7 km away)
● Fisherman’s village (5.3 km away)
● Chaweng Noi beach (5.6 km away)
W Koh Samui -The Ideal Instaworthy Location
Along a white stretch of sand, W Retreat overlooks the sea in Mae Nam. Located on the northern side of the island, it is halfway between Mae Nam and Bo Phut. W Retreat is perfect for youngsters who want to experience that ideal instaworthy location and the trendy, fashionable style of the hotel.
It is close to the airport, around 20 minutes away, and near the nightlife of Chaweng, so you enjoy all the perks.
Why Visit W Resort?
W Retreat is known for its pop culture theme and indulgence in music, dance, and nightly activity. You can hear the music playing at night everywhere you go, and it definitely hooks you up eventually.
The rooms are spaced out from each other and are great for those looking for a more private ambiance. The rooms offer a King-size bed, a small sofa, an office area, and spacious bathrooms. You’ll also get your own private patio and a plunge pool.
Food and Drink at the Resort
W Retreat’s in-house Japanese Namu Restaurant features sushi, sashimi, teppanyaki, and vegetarian dishes.
The Kitchen Table Restaurant offers an international menu to accommodate guests coming from different parts of the world.
What Else To Do
- Visit Bo Phut Beach – A several kilometers long beach which is known for its excellent natural swimming pools, harboring the Fisherman’s Village, and is at a short