When are the next full moon party dates?
- Friday, 15 July 2022
- Saturday, 12 August 2022 (confirmed)
- Saturday, 10 September 2022
- Tuesday, 11 October 2022
- Tuesday, 8 November 2022
- Thursday, 8 December 2022
- Saturday, 31 December 2022
Are the parties every month on a full moon?
The party takes place every month, following the moon calendar. Normally the party day corresponds to the full moon of the astronomical moon calendar. But some event dates may get shifted a day or two. This may happen when the full moon date collides with a national holiday, and it is being announced by the Full Moon Party committee in advance. This is the case for example for August 12/13 2022.
When is the best time to go to the full moon party in 2022?
If you want to experience a mega-party you should definitely come during the high season, between late December and April. Another peak is during the summer holidays in July and August. October -mid-November are the quietest months on Koh Phangan.
|Date||What to expect|
|Friday, 15 July 2022|
Saturday, 13 August 2022
|During Summer Vacation in many countries, lots of visitors|
|Saturday, 10 September 2022|
Tuesday, 11 October 2022
Tuesday, 8 November 2022
Thursday, 8 December 2022
|This is the quiet season, hot, humid, and rainy. Maybe the best moment to enjoy|
Saturday, 31 December 2022
|Not the full moon, but New Year´s Eve Party in Full Moon Style. Fireworks, lots of visitors|
When are full moon parties in 2023?
Trying to plan ahead for next year? While in 2022 there were only 12, in 2023 there will be 13 Full Moon Parties, plus New Year’s Eve. Prepare for a great party year. The full moon party dates for 2023 have not yet been announced in detail, but below is the list of the astronomical full moons and some expectations about the actual full moon party dates in 2023.
- Friday, January 6, 2023
- Sunday, February 5, 2023
- Tuesday, March 7, 2023
- Friday, April 7, 2023
- Friday, May 5, 2023
- Sunday, June 4, 2023
- Sunday, July 2, 2023
- Thursday, August 3, 2023
- Thursday, August 31, 2023
- September 29, 2023
- Friday, September 29, 2023
- Monday, October 30, 2023
- Monday, November 27, 2023
- Wednesday, December 27, 2023
- Sunday, December 31, 2023
How long should you stay on Koh Phangan?
There are different ways to experience the Full Moon Party:
- The minimum: If you stay on Koh Samui, you can get a speedboat in the evening, party all night and come back to Samui the next morning on the speedboat. This may work if you don´t sleep at night. At some nights, there are safe sleeping zones on the beach, separated from the rest of the beach. However, the beach can become very dirty. But hey, at least you can say you have been there!
- 2-3 days: Many hotels and hostels close the Haad Rin beach will only allow you to book a minimum of 3 nights. You may want to arrive the night before the party and stay another day after. This will give you time to get to know the island a little bit or at least recover and relax afterward. Also, you can catch a few of the preparties or afterparties.
- A week: This will give you time to explore the different attractions of the island.
- A month: Quite a few visitors fall in love with Koh Phangan and stay an entire season.
What time does the party start and when does it end?
The party starts when the moon comes out, which is around 7 pm, although many only will arrive around 10 pm. The party goes on until sunrise, around 7 am. You need to pace yourself if you want to make it through the entire 12 hours.
After the party, you can continue straight on with one of the afterparties. Or you can join in the beach cleanup. While the municipality and business owners have a process in place to clean up the beach the next morning, there´s always the possibility to join other volunteers and participate in the clean-up.